How to copy Audio Cassettes to MP3 EFFICIENTLY ???
  • From: Ronald Wiplinger <ronald.wiplinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 10:26:10 +0800
I have a collection of good 400 C-60 audio cassettes (music, but also
courses).

I would like to copy these cassettes to mp3 files on my SuSE machine.
(I am just thinking of moving my house: compare the size / weight of 400
cassettes to a few DVDs ;-) )

Problems I would like to solve automagically:

1. Maximal length of recording should be the length of the cassette
I am not planning to sit in front of the computer and listen all cassettes. To
put a cassette into the player and record and after the expected recording
time, I will come back to put in a new cassette.
The recording should end after the length of the cassette automatically

2. Silent detection at the end
It can happen that the tape is not full recorded. The silent end of the tape
should be cut off automatically! (Only the end, not if in a course a silent
time happened)

Is there any good way available?

BTW, I am looking for the same for (30 only!) VHS (PAL system) to transfer to
DVD.

bye

Ronald