Re: [SLE] Suse 9.2
  • From: Don Parris <webdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 20:07:24 -0500
Donn Washburn wrote:

Anders Johansson wrote:

On Sunday, 31 October 2004 17.42, Don Parris wrote:

I would like to ask if anyone is familiar with the new /srv

directory. Is that partt of the FSH/LSB or whatever standard the Linux
vendors agreed to?

Yep, have a look at http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#SRVDATAFORSERVICESPROVIDEDBYSYSTEM

Good URL for FSH

Question I have is why SuSE 9.2 put Open Office in /usr/lib? and then called it ooo-1.1. What was wrong with /opt/OpenOffice? According to your URL /opt is where they should have put the Addon Application.

I just had a look in /usr/lib. All I found was libraries for OOo. I found the launch scripts in /usr/X11R6/bin. I don't understand why they didn't keep it where it was before. I have to agree that /opt or /usr/local would seem the better choices. But I just thought I would mention that the libs are in /usr/lib.

Don

--
DC Parris
http://matheteuo.org/