Re: [SLE] Windows backups to a Linux server
  • From: Jerry Westrick <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 19:56:05 +0100
On Friday 05 November 2004 11:49, Gerry Riani wrote:
> jalal wrote:
> >Many thanks for all the input from folks around here.
> >
> >In the end, we decided to create an ftp space. Most of the users are
<snip>
> It sounds like you have your solution down, but I thought I might throw
> this idea
> out for consideration:
>
> If you're looking at backing up each user's "My Documents" folder, then
> a combination
> of Samba and redirection of My Documents would work well.
>
> Gerry

At a way Gerry!

This would automatically, download the latest version when you login,
and automatically store it back when you log out...

But don't this only work when when you do "domain" logins?

And If I remember right, it make for long login/logouts when as
the "My Documents" size increases....

Jerry