Re: [SLE] Empty Trash
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 18:57:12 -0800
Patrick,

On Saturday 06 November 2004 18:28, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx> [11-06-04 21:10]:
> > On Saturday 06 November 2004 17:57, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > > * Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx> [11-06-04 20:29]:

> > > Except, perhaps, in *this* forum where it is against list policy.
> > > Reason enough.
> >
> > "Irrational reason" is an oxymoron.
>
> As many consider the 'Reply-To:' policy, but it still exists and
> *was* put in place by the people/company who kindly provide the list.
> Does this mean that they are 'Irrational'?

The reply-to treatment is in accord with published standards. There are
no standards that prohibit mark-up in email. In fact, there are
standards to accommodate it.

> I would say 'Not'. I would say that they are within their *rights*
> to dictate rules for the privilege to participate in a forum they
> provide.

I see where you're going. You're going to stage a revolt in support of
reason! Let us know when you've got your list server set up so we can
subscribe. I'm with you!

> --
> Patrick Shanahan

If you're the bland sort who needs no emphasis of any sort in your
words, you needn't use it. Those of us who want to convey modulations
of significance and other nuance should be able to do so using classic
typographic means instead of ridiculous half-measures such as /italics/
_underscore_ and ;-) wink-wink emoticons.

Randall Schulz

< Previous Next >