Re: [SLE] What to backup
  • From: BandiPat <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 20:01:46 -0500
On Sunday 07 November 2004 04:44 am, Hugo wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 10:22:45 -0600, Jim Worrest <jjworrest@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> > Gentlemen:
> > I've been looking around for backup programs for my SuSE 9.0
> > Pro. I understand that
> > Bacula and star are good programs to use for backing up files. It
> > would be interesting to hear
> > other opinions. ---Jim
>
> Same here! I thought that a "Professional" OS would come with decent
> backupsolution - just compare to WinXP: it has a great backupsoftware
> that can even backup files that are use (only it doesn't do any
> software compressions itself). But from SuSE... we get nothing. Well
> there is tar, but it is hardly comparable... and probably can not
> handle open files correctly.
>
> Suggestions are welcome (rather OpenSource or otherwise freeware as
> 9.1 Pro already costs enough...)
>
> --
> HG
==========

Don't mean to sound rude to you guys, but it seems neither of you know
how to ask a question or don't know how to use your software. Maybe
both. Hugo, talking up WinXP and slandering SuSE is not likely to get
you a whole lot of attention, except bad, on this list. If in your
mind that's how you accomplish relating to people or getting answers,
then you might want to seek help.

There are several backup programs available and I'm not going to do your
work for you either. Open YaST2 and do a search for them. Go on
Sourceforge.net and do a search for them. It's really not that
difficult, oh wait, I guess it is, since neither of you have bothered
to look already. :o)

Regards,
Lee