Re: [SLE] install two versions of gcc?
  • From: "Jeffrey L. Taylor" <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 10:01:31 -0600
I have done this in the past (3-5 years ago), though not recently. Do
not remember how they were installed (RPM or tarball). It was either
SuSE or RedHat, both RPM distributions. I had one version in the PATH
of root, the other version in the PATH of normal users. Root version
was only used to compile the kernel. 2.2 kernels probably want gcc
2.95.x, IIRC.

HTH,
Jeffrey