Re: [SLE] Booting Problem
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 03:48:28 +0100
On Tuesday 09 November 2004 03:24, Jerome Lyles wrote:
> fi
> echo $FSCK_RETURN
>
> Returns nothing except an empty line. Is this a case where FSCK actually
> returns nothing. If it is, it's a case that wasn't anticipated and could
> be the source of the problem.
>
> I don't know if this means anything but after I tried it two or three times
> I added another echo $FSCK_RETURN below the first one and rebooted. As far
> as I can tell only one empty line was returned.
> Jerome

Hmmm, and you're sure you didn't misspell it as FCSK or something?

I don't see anything obvious that would cause the variable to lose its value.
Try, in place of that echo, pasting in this

[ $FSCK_RETURN -eq 4 ] && echo "fatal errors left uncorrected"
[ $FSCK_RETURN -eq 6 ] && echo "fixable errors left uncorrected"
[ $FSCK_RETURN -eq 8 ] && echo "operational error"
[ $FSCK_RETURN -eq 16 ] && echo "syntax error"

Note the spaces in the brackets, they need to be there, it's [<space>$ and
4<space>], and so on