Printing from SuSe 9.1 Pro
  • From: John Ryan <jvryan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 16:15:06 +0000
Hello,
I recently installed SUSE 9.1 Pro on a laptop and on a desktop.
Both are connected over an Ethernet network to a HP Laserjet 4000N printer.

I set both up using the YAST GUI:
YAST | Hardware | Printer, configured the printer with the correct IP address,
Set the model as HP Laserjet 4000, printed a sample page and it worked fine.

However, when I print a page from a browser, the fonts are changed.
Some of them are changed to one that is very difficult to read.
The problem occurs from both the laptop and desktop.
>From Windows on both, there is no problem.
One of the machines had Suse 9.0 personal before, and there was no problem.
Any ideas?
regards,
John