Re: [SLE] SuSE9.2 64-Bit installation problems
  • From: Alex Daniloff <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 06:35:50 -0800
This is a typical commercial pitch I would expect from MS or other corporate
drones. A bunch of meaningless buzz words used out of content.
Are you a sales person by the chance? What kind of crap you're talking about?
Why do I and our other engineers need 5 years maintenance?
What is a maintenance? Blow dust from our boxes?
Why do we need all these certifications if we know what we're doing?
What is "enterprise-class hardware" you're talking about.
We're designing circuits which used anywhere - from your cell phone
to jet fighters. You can make any hardware to be an enterprise-class.
What is "mission critical"? A nuclear plant or a ballistic missile?
Why reinstall every two years instead of simply upgrading systems to the next
version? What kind of bull shit is this?
I hope you're not on drugs.

On Tuesday 16 November 2004 01:54 am, Silviu Marin-Caea wrote:
> Some features of Enterprise server products:
>
> 5 years maintenance
> certifications and support of ISV (oracle, ibm, sap)
> certfications and support of IHV (ibm, hp, dell)
> security certifications (common criteria)
> support for enterprise-class hardware (SAN...)
> manageable with ZENWorks
>
> In other words, when ever you'll have some thing important to do on those
> servers (like running mission critical ERP or business critical webshop or
> even network infrastructure servers) and you don't want to reinstall them
> every 2 years you need Enterprise products.
>
> Professional is for techie play, Enterprise is for serious production.
>
> Just read the site: http://www.suse.de/en/business/products/server/
> It's too much to tell in a single email.

< Previous Next >