Re: [SLE] DOSemu Printing
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:57:16 -0500
On Wednesday 17 November 2004 01:55 pm, pinto wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 November 2004 14:45, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> > Why not just use the name of the printer  (lp0) in the commands we've
> > been telling you to use.   It is not necessary to change the name of
> > the printer.
>
> _________________
>
> after trying :-
> $_printer_command = "lpr -P lp0"
> $_printer_command = "lpr -l -P lp0"
> $_printer_command = "lpr -l"
> $_printer_command = "lpr -l -P EPSON Stylus Color Series CUPS"
> $_printer_command = "lpr -l -P EPSON Stylus Color"
> $_printer_command = "lpr -l -P Epson Stylus Color"
>
> . . . and, every variation of that selection, under the Sun :-O
>
> STILL, am getting same error message for each & all :-
>
> << "print_job: resource name '/printers/lp' no good!" >>
>
> Ahem! Aha! . . . perhaps Mrs Weber might say : "Bad Karma around" ??

Well, let me say this.....

I don't think you are changing the command in the right spot. I have never
heard of a .dosemurc although it sounds like a reasonable file.

Try to look for the dosemu.conf file which as I said long ago should be
in /opt/dosemu/conf but it might be somewhere else in your setup.

That is where I've always changed the command.