Firefox 1.0 won't print
  • From: "Ed Harrison" <eharrison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 07:33:48 -0500
Firefox 1.0 from Suse rpm will not print.

When I click Print>>Properties, the print command begins with lpr, as it always
has. Now, if I print using lpr, the printer prints out an error message
telling me how to enter a GS command line to get it to print.

The beginning of the command is "gs -q -sDEVICE=pswrite". This portion is in
error because gs says "Unable to open the initial device, quitting".

>From the console, the message is same.

I got a list of available devices with gs, then from the GS prompt "devicenames
==". None of my printers are there and neither is pswrite.

What is with this change and how to fix?

Ed Harrison
SuSE 9.1, Kernel 2.6.9-vanilla
PolarBar Mailer 1.25a