Re: [SLE] Trouble with Apache
  • From: Jim Sabatke <jsabatke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 17:37:43 -0600
Steven B.Chasin wrote:

Have installed 9.1. Finally got Apache 2 up an running. Now am trying to get UserDir to work correctly. (I am fairly new to Linux)

Followed the example in both the conf file and on the Apache Web site. Both state the following is acceptable and should work.

UserDir enabled
UserDir disabled root

I then uncommented UserDir public_html

I then try to restart Apache and it fails saying that the enabled command must be followed by user names that are enabled....

Anyone have any ideas that would help?

Thanks

The message is correct. The ¨enabled" and "disabled" commands are for explicit control over who's directories may be accessed. You need to list at least one enabled user if you wish to use that command.

Good luck,

Jim