RE: [SLE] SuSE 9.2 and future packaging
  • From: "Steve Kratz" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:10:34 -0600
> Didn't realize it quite that much. Then a cheap DVD reader is a
> viable option, or at least ftp access to the packages I need. Since
> I'm stuck with a dial up connection, an ftp installation is not really
> an option.
>
> Barry

Heh-- For this very problem I found a good use for my WinXP machine --
Install the crippled IIS server it comes with, copy the DVD to the HD, and
set an FTP server up to point there... Installs just fine for me.

(But, I still maintain my right to bitch about not being able to read the
DVD in the machine I bought 9.2 for!)