Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.2 and future packaging
  • From: Leendert Meyer <leen.meyer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 01:01:51 +0100
On Friday 19 November 2004 22:48, Anders Johansson wrote:
> On Friday 19 November 2004 22:37, Jack Malone wrote:
> > >--Anders, who is moving in a week and is praying nightly that the new
> > > place will have a nice connection
> >
> > what you did not check before you commited to moving. I told my wife that
> > broadband was a requirement in considering a new house. hehehehehe
>
> That's been my mantra too. But I'm moving abroad (to the Netherlands) and
> right now I'm sort of in limbo, I don't know where I'll end up, all that is
> being handled for me. I guess I'll know more when I get there, but right
> now all I can do is hope for the best.
>
> The people I've talked to from Holland have had pretty good connections
> though, so I think it'll be fine

A few minutes ago @Home was at ~350 kbyte/s from ftp.gwdg.de, on quiet nights
~500 kbyte/s, my topspeed was 539 kbyte/s for a few (10?) secs.

It ain't a CD in 5 min (700 MB/5 min is about 2.3 MB/s), but more like a CD in
half an hour if the mood is right (I'm not sure, haven't done that lately).

Cheers,

Leen

< Previous Next >