Re: [SLE] My Computer gone
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gerald.feldman@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 07:54:37 -0500
On Wednesday 24 November 2004 12:17 am, B. Stia wrote:
> Hello SuSE folk,
>
> Recently did a new install of 9.2. After it finished I restored some of
> my old saved files, one of them being my Desktop settings. Of course
> that blew away My computer. Now I get a message every time I boot up.
> How do I get it back?
In deference to the other posters. It is important to note what you upgraded
from. A few years ago, I installed a versuion of SuSE that had a newer
version of KDE. It updated my desktop settings. When I install, I have a
separate /home file system, and I install into a new root file system so I
can roll back to the old release. This made my KDE desktop unusable, and I
had to use FVWM for a short time. You may have a similar problem where you
restored the desktop settings from an older version or KDE (or GNOME). You
might find that blowing away your desktop settings, KDE will restore them.

--
Jerry Feldman <gerald.feldman@xxxxxx>
Partner Technology Access Center (contractor) (PTAC-MA)