Re: [SLE] My Computer gone
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gerald.feldman@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 07:54:37 -0500
On Wednesday 24 November 2004 12:17 am, B. Stia wrote:
> Hello SuSE folk,
> Recently did a new install of 9.2. After it finished I restored some of
> my old saved files, one of them being my Desktop settings. Of course
> that blew away My computer. Now I get a message every time I boot up.
> How do I get it back?
In deference to the other posters. It is important to note what you upgraded
from. A few years ago, I installed a versuion of SuSE that had a newer
version of KDE. It updated my desktop settings. When I install, I have a
separate /home file system, and I install into a new root file system so I
can roll back to the old release. This made my KDE desktop unusable, and I
had to use FVWM for a short time. You may have a similar problem where you
restored the desktop settings from an older version or KDE (or GNOME). You
might find that blowing away your desktop settings, KDE will restore them.

Jerry Feldman <gerald.feldman@xxxxxx>
Partner Technology Access Center (contractor) (PTAC-MA)
Hewlett-Packard Co.
550 King Street LKG2a-X2
Littleton, Ma. 01460

< Previous Next >