Re: [SLE] Is SuSE 9.2 worth it over SuSE 9.1?
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 22:24:48 -0500
Linda A. W. wrote:

> How many people run Pentiums w/o MMX? As I understand it, Pentiums
> w/MMX had the x686 core though not many were made...

Probably very few. But i586 is not just Pentium. K6, K6/2 & K6-III are
also technically i586, and only the K6-III is functionally i686
compatible, basically the first version of the Athlon. The K6 series
really makes up most of the i586 systems still in service at up to 600
MHz, while the pre-i686 chips from Intel topped out officially at 233
MHz.

I have 10 operational systems. 8 of them are socket 7, of which only one
runs an Intel chip.
--
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof..." U.S. Constitution, Amendment 1

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/

< Previous Next >