Re: [SLE] Replacementsfor Windows Applications
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 05:17:51 +0100
On Saturday 27 November 2004 05:04, Scott Leighton wrote:
> Thing is, they sell TurboTax for Mac OS X, so you'd think it would be
> fairly simple to port that to Linux.

Isn't it a GUI app? While BSD console stuff should port relatively easily, the
same I'd guess isn't true for cocoa. As far as I know, GnuStep or the other
NeXT implementations aren't ready for prime time yet, at least not as far as
Cocoa compatibility goes, and porting to gtk or qt/kde will be a major
project. Not incredibly difficult perhaps, but certainly not something you'd
do in an afternoon

< Previous Next >