Re: [SLE] My Computer gone
  • From: "B. Stia" <usr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 00:23:46 -0500
On Thursday 25 November 2004 08:06, Ken Schneider wrote:

> Try creating the following file
>
> ~/Desktop/myComputer.desktop with the following contents...
>
> [Desktop Entry]
> Encoding=UTF-8
> Icon=mycomp
> Name=My Computer
> Name[de]=Arbeits-\nplatz
> Name[fr]=Poste de travail
> Name[hu]=Meghajtók
> Name[cs]=Můj počítač
> Type=Link
> URL=drives:/

Ken,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Had visitors at my home for a few
days and was unable to get much computer time.Thanks, that recreated
the "My Computer" file. Appreciate that.

Sorry to say though the message I was receiving did not go away as
expected. That was:
> "Could not start process. Unable to create io
> slave. Klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'devices'"

Don't have any idea where to start with that one.
Oh well, one step at a time I guess, but if anyone has ideas they would
certainly be appreciated also.

Again, thanks for all your time and trouble.

Bob S.

< Previous Next >