Re: [SLE] kdeinit running more then once
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 17:58:38 -0700
Leen,

On Saturday 02 October 2004 17:14, Leendert Meyer wrote:
> On Saturday 02 October 2004 23:33, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> >
> > > Killing a kdeinit process is like shooting oneself in the foot.
> >
> > What you talkin' about?? I decided it was stupid to have so many
> > spokes in my bicycle wheel, so I just cut a bunch of them out. And
> > guess what? The wheel still spins just fine!
>
> Ok, ok, it's just 'as far as I know'. And: AFAK, kdeinit is just a
> wrapper around other processes.

Uh... That was sarcasm. The point being that just because something is
incorporated into an engineering design more than once does not imply
that it's redundant (or that the redundancy is a bad thing) and can be
arbitrarily removed without affecting the proper function of the designed
system, whatever it may be (hardware or software, vehicle or computer,
etc.)

> Cheers,
>
> Leen

By the way, you all will be happy to know that the hospital I'm in since
this afternoon's bike ride went horribly wrong (who'd have thought that
spokes sustained peak stresses when braking?) has internet terminals in
every room, so I'll be able to maintain my critical presence here on the
SuSE Linux (English) list. Wish me well, OK? I hear they can do amazing
things with mangled spines these days.

Randall Schulz