Re: [SLE] Re: [suse-kde] Novell will not use kde for enterprise....
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 09:19:14 -0400
Ti Kan wrote:
Marc Collin writes:

[ ... ] Novell desktop
http://reseller.co.nz/news.nsf/0/CC256E690007D482CC256F1D00787F73?OpenDocum=
ent
[ ... ] it's not a troll

if you read, http://www.osnews.com/comment.php?news_id=3D8445
[ ... ]
we can read the future of novell is gnome and not kde...
that bad

None of these sites actually says which desktop technology the Novell Desktop
is based on, so it's all speculation. I happened to be at LinuxWorld
Conference in San Francisco two months ago, where Novell was demonstrating
a beta version of the Novell Desktop. I didn't have the time to play
with it, but it sure looked like KDE to me...

Also, Novell Desktop and SuSE are aimed at different markets. ND is for corporate environments, while SuSE is for individual or small business users.