RE: [SLE] Updating antivir via cron results in failure
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:04:27 +0200 (CEST)

The Monday 2004-10-11 at 17:19 -0400, Powell, Stuart wrote:

> This is good info to know, but I think in this instance the standard script
> is fine for my needs. The antivir program sends an email of its own when it
> does the update, and this already contains the status. For me, I'm OK just
> having that message.

True. My idea only served it's purpose in the case when, for example,
antivir is missing or crashes without running - and this could possibly
happen after an update (a bad one, or incompatible with the actual suse
of that time). The only news would be that you would not get news (email).

> Sorry I have to use Outlook. Until I get Evolution 2 installed and talking
> to our Exchange servers, I'm stuck :-(

Pity. I think there is a plugin for outlook to help in these cases, but I
don't know much about it.

Me, I have also suffered Exchange server and client in the past. It is
even worse through a modem.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson