Re: [SLE] Mutt
  • From: Allen <gorebofh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 00:57:56 -0400
On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 06:33:13AM +0200, Jon Clausen wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Oct, 2004 at 13:40:47 -0400, Allen wrote:
> > I use links a lot. I like it. And I have Mutt Working now finally. I'm sending this Mail from it. Nice not having to have X loaded.
>
> Congrats.
>
> Now, a small request:
>
> Please have the editor wrap lines at about 72->80 chars.
>
> I have, in .muttrc:

I didn't know it was making these so hard too read. they look normal on my screen, but it's showing as a huge line on yours?

> set editor="vi -c 'set tw=76'"

so this is for .muttrc in my /home directory? Or the one in /etc?

set editor="vi -c 'set tw=76'"

Exactly like that? Have to forgve me, I just started messing with Muttrc yesterday, and it took me a half hour to figure out the syntax for color. Heh I got it though. Just not sure if I need the quotes or not. Heh a minute ago I learned how to do an alias so I can stop typing the email address for the list on every reply. I type r, then I hit the down arrow key and it shows the email address for the list. Which is because when I reply it replies to the person who sent TOO the list, instead of the list. L doesn't work yet, I'm still learning this. I did have to type it out for this one too, the down key stopped working after I closed mutt for some reason. Ahh well.