Re: [SLE] Believe this ?? OT,
  • From: Bahram Alinezhad <alineziad@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 04:34:11 -0700 (PDT)

--- Bob S <usr@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello SuSE folk,
>
> Might want to consider this for your next hard drive
> purchase.
> Tried to get a diagnostics program for a Western
> Digital hard drive that
> I suspect might be giving me problems. They ONLY
> have it for the windoz
> flavors. I don't believe it !!!
>
> Bob S.
>
> PS pre-ordered and paid for my new SuSE 9.2 Pro
> tonight. Can't wait unitl
> Nov. whatever for it to arrive.

Good point!
Lack of attention to non-Microsoft OSs may reach to a
point that even a hard-drive manufacturer considers
its consumers to be Windows users!
But my question is: Have other hard disk manufacturers
linux-based softwares?
I think a diagnostic tool should be stand-alone (on a
bootable media) or be able to run under DOS.

Regards,
Bahram Alinezhad,
Tehran, Iran.