Mailinglist Archive: opensuse (4020 mails)

< Previous Next >
OT - SOLVED Re: [SLE] Re: OT Re: [SLE] Fan noise
  • From: "Matt T." <Matt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:12:25 +0700
  • Message-id: <200410272212.25256.Matt@xxxxxxxxx>
On Wednesday 27 October 2004 15:10, Allen wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 01:15:34PM +0700, Matt T. wrote:
> > On Wednesday 27 October 2004 04:57, Allen wrote:
> > > On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 11:25:01PM +0200, Leendert Meyer wrote:
> > > > On Tuesday 26 October 2004 09:38, Allen wrote:
> >
> > So you *did* get the point! May be not all hope is lost!
>
> .... Are you offended by TV, Magazines and books too? Nothing I said would
> have been bleeped out on any TV.

Well well, I take this back, you didn't get it. Not at all.

> > Many many on this list do. Without that I see them using inappropriate
> > language.
>
> Can you look one person straight in the face and say you've never said a
> swear word? If you say yes you're either telling a lie, which is worse than
> swearing, or you've never gotten kicked in the Genitals playing a sport.

Where is the connection here? We talk about appropriate language for this
list, and not about what might get said in other situations.

> > I do not agree that it is humor to use words like you used: "*snip foul
> > language*. Pop that in your .whatever and spell check it."
>
> This is called an opinion.

yes, so what?

...
> > It is typical for children to start to smile, more or less shy, when they
> > start to grasp the meaning of them.
> >
> > Here it is not appropriate, we did pass that age already.
>
> Technically as I'm 21, I can get away with this in Court. A Judge in Cali
> recently let a teenager off the hook for his violent crimes because it's
> been proven the brain isn't developed enough, and doesn't release chemicals
> for "Self Control" until the age of 30. I have 9 years of this to go.

Hmmm, is that again your humor, or do you want to say that *that* is your
problem? Is there a cure?

>
> > Also, where was *your* sense on humor, when you did read the "spellcheck"
> > post? May be he was just "trying too make you loosen up a bit", to use
> > your own words. Or is it that the word spellcheck is not foul enough to
> > be funny?
>
> .... I'm not even going too try here.

Why not? That was what started your "foul language" to get out. Surely not the
reaction if you would have seen it with humor, loosening up a little ;-)

Gotcha!

> > For me, *that* was funny!
>
> You like Bob Sagat don't you?

Didn't meet him yet ;-)

> > foul language and humor are not the same.
>
> I never said they were, but I've never seen a funny TV show without
> swearing. I'll just blame society like everyone else. All in the Family
> says a lot of cuss words, and that is an old classic.

So there it seems to be coming from...

> > real humor does not need foul language, and as far as I know, the humor
> > of the persons you name here is not known as being based on foul
> > language.
>
> Heh, see the compiler lines above. And ohhh! Linus said SCO were smoking
> Crack! That's a drug reference! Naughty!

If this is supposed as an example about him using "foul language", sorry, i do
not see it. He just made a very probable assumption ;-)

>
> > > If I calm my language and TRY too make myself a little more
> > > presentable,
> >
> > I see, so you *do* know that there is a problem with your attitude and
> > your language. May be not all hope is lost!
>
> Actually there isn't. You and 3 people I've met in life are the only people
> I've ever seen that were bothered by something I said.

No I don't get it anymore. You had been just complaining about all the bad
words people on this list would say to you all the time. Ooops, was that a
lie, or are they included in the 3 people.

> No one else,
> including my boss, teachers, and anyone else, has ever been like that over
> me.

yeah, obviously, they missed it ;-) when it was the right time. 21 is a little
late to start.

> > I did not send you any mail, I did not call you any names or whatever.
> > Same is probably true for 99.9 % of the list members here.
>
> Why exactly have you put this much effort in over me? I mean damn it, you
> people are all like "oh no he talks like everyone else except doesn't sugar
> coat it vote him off the island!".....

Now that you said it, do you feel better? And no. i do not think you "talk
like everyone else". Not at all!

>
> Right... So just because you don't like what I said I should get booted?

No. As said before, simply because it is inappropriate language and attitude.

...
>
> If you're as old as you sound you should know by now that people aren't
> always going to agree with you

yes.

> or like what you say

yes.

> and you can't just get rid of everything you don't like.

Why would even I want to?

> Diversity brings disorder, and America is
> a prime example. The Country I live in was founded on the fact that people
> should be able to say whatever they want,

What? That was the idea, that the people should use foul and inappropriate
language? Oh my god, All the time I missed the point! If that is the
foundation of America, then by all means don't let me stop you!

I cannot verify your words though, as you did not say from which country you
are, and America is a little too big too check them all ;-) - where should I
start? Chile, Mexico, Canada, or Columbia? May be Brazil?

> and if you don't like it you stay
> the hell in England.

come on, so much rain, don't do that to me :-(

I must have really hurt you that you want to do that to me!

> If you don't like me, and you don't like my attitude,
> ignore me,

Wow, this is indeed a good proposal. No, even better, it is great! Why didn't
I think of that? Problem SOLVED!

Thanks and I apologize to all who did not get the humor here (I surely had
been ROTFLMAO) May be we should all *snip foul language* pop that thread in
our .whatever and spell check it.


< Previous Next >
Follow Ups