Re: [SLE] Rescue Floopies and Kernel Compilation
  • From: Jim Sabatke <jsabatke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 23:35:29 -0500
Ben Sheron wrote:
I'm attempting to recompile my kernel on SuSE 9,1. The last time I
tried this I ended up messing up the system and having to reinstall. So, if I go into Yast and create a boot floppy, and then I mess up a
compiled kernel to the point where my system won't boot, I can get it to
work with the boot floppy, right?

Just thought I'd run it past you guys... Thanks.

Ben

You can also boot with the rescue system and switch back to the old kernel, or so I've been told.

--
Jim Sabatke
Hire Me!! - See my resume at http://my.execpc.com/~jsabatke

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

NOTE: Please do not email me any attachments with Microsoft extensions. They
are deleted on my ISP's server before I ever see them, and no bounce message
is sent.