Re: [SLE] Error with gtkhtml
  • From: James Ogley <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 22:34:37 +0100
Okey, this is nothing to do with gtkhtml, I'm pretty sure of that...

> trey@salamander:~> gnucash
> gtkhtml-ERROR **: gconf error: Failed to contact configuration server (a
> likely cause of this is that you have an existing configuration server
> (gconfd) running, but it isn't reachable from here- if you're logged in from
> two machines at once, you may need to enable TCP networking for ORBit)
> I'm only logged in at this machine. Could it be that gnucash doesn't agree
> with my version of gtkhtml?

Do you have gconfd running?

(Or gconfd-2)

Oh, and don't check for gtk2/glib2 - GnuCash is GTK+ 1.2 based
(packages: gtk/glib)

> 'red-carpet' will no longer launch for me either, so I don't know if the two
> are related.

Unlikely, but hey, the ten-foot pole hasn't been built that I'll touch
Dread Carpet with...
--
James Ogley, Webmaster, usr local bin & Planet SuSE
james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx www.rubberturnip.org.uk