Re: [SLE] sendmail vs postfix.
  • From: "Charlie Smith" <SmithCW@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 13:31:29 -0600
Would postfix work with majordomo?
In looking at the docs, I don't see that as an option, and this is reason
for choosing sendmail. Having worked with it before,
I do not want to do again, but currently see no other option.

Charlie ;)
9/9/04

Charlie wrote regarding '[SLE] sendmail vs postfix.' on Thu, Sep 09 at 13:08:
> I noticed that postfix is default MTA on SuSE8 install.
>
> I'd like to change the default MTA to sendmail.
>
> What is procedure to do this so that when server is rebooted
> sendmail comes up instead of postfix?

Start up yast, go to "network services" and select "mail transfer agent".

Personally, I'd advise reading the postfix docs and looking at the
config file format or some benchmarks. Postfix is faster and way
easier to configure - you'll save some gray hairs by ditching sendmail.
IMHO. :)

--Danny, throwing some opinion in with the facts