Re: [SLE] cdrom stuck under 9.1
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 12:58:39 -0500
* Constant Brouerius van Nidek <constant@xxxxxxxxxxx> [09-20-04 11:56]:
> Remember that some time ago somebody had a cd stuck.
> I can e.g. install some programs under Yast from the disc but if I
> want to change the disc or to get it out the disc is not ejected.
> Think there was a command for ejecting the cd.

there is an obscure, relatively unknown command named....
eject

NAME
eject - eject removable media

I suggest you consult 'man eject', but the relevant command:
eject /dev/<dev-name>

eject /media/dvd
eject /dev/sr0

If the drive is *truly* stuck, this will probably not work. Then a
small paper-clip straightened and inserted into the small hole
normally front left just below the door works manually. Note: If the
drive is currently mounted, you *would* need to umount or power down.
HOG # US1244711 Photo Album: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/photos

< Previous Next >