Re: [SLE] wget question
  • From: Jim Sabatke <jsabatke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 17:39:45 -0700
Mike McMullin wrote:

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 07:11, Jim Sabatke wrote:

How do I access a link with wget written in the following form?

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/abiword/abiword-2.0.11.tar.gz?use_mirror=unc

I spent hours trying things, reading man pages and looking for online help.

I donĀ“t know enough HTML to understand what the ending on that URL means.

wget http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/abiword/abiword-2.0.11.tar.gz

Will work for you. I have just tried this in a shell, and the file
transfered.

Mike

Actually, that was one of the first things I tried. It downloads a file called abiword-2.0.11.tar.gz, but it is way too small (supposed to be almost 25MB) and it isn't a tar.gz file. It looked like an HTML file, but lynx couldn't decode it.

Thanks for trying!