Re: [SLE] Remove Suse 9.0 w/o Harming Win98?
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 21:31:41 -0400
doc wrote:
We have Suse 9.0 installed on a desktop here at work.
It was installed to test the Manhattan online education
app.

We now need to remove Suse 9.0 from that machine --
is it possible to do so without harming the Win98
also on the same HDD?

Do we have to backup what we need to save, format the
HDD, then reinstall Win98 alone?

The College is unfortunately MS-centric so they
don't like Linux on any of their hardware. ;-(

You can just delete the partitions containing Linux and using a DOS or Windows boot floppy, run fdisk /mbr to restore Windows boot. You can then format the empty space as another partition, or resize the Windows partition, to fill the disk (backup first).