Re: [SLE] Suse Yast2 Servers Down?
  • From: Doug McGarrett <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 22:56:13 -0400
Hello all--

What you need to do is go to the shell screen and type
"ping suse.com" and if you don't get an answer, you then
ping something you are pretty sure is there, like your own
internet provider, and if you then get an answer, you know that
suse.com is down, for some reason, or overloaded.
Ping is the way to tell if the net is up or down for some particular
entity. You can even ping microsoft.

I just tried to ping a whole batch of well-known enterprises,
and got no answer, altho the server put up the dot-quad
addresses. A few replied, but most didn't.
There may be something wrong on the net tonite.

To end the test, just hit control-C.

--doug