Re: [SLE] Printing From Win98 via Samba/CUPS
  • From: Scott Leighton <helphand@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 19:09:03 -0700
On Sunday 01 August 2004 6:56 pm, John Andersen wrote:

> You DID restart cups after that change, correct? "rccups restart"

Yes, and rcsmb just for good measure too.

> Generally the way to do this is to make two entries in cups
> one for the linux side (defining the printer exactly as what it is) and
> one for the windows side defining the printer only as RAW (because
> windows already have the drivers).

OK, let me give that a try. I'm going to set up a second printer
in cups and blow away all the configured stuff on Win98 and
re-set those up.

> (I prefer to use the built in cups software rather than yast, by
> pointing my web browser at http://localhost:631/ )

Right, I'm using webmin plus the cups software, though I'm
actually editing smb.conf with vi so I can see what the heck
I'm doing.... and I *am* restarting after any change.

Scott

--
POPFile, the OpenSource EMail Classifier
http://popfile.sourceforge.net/

< Previous Next >