Re: [SLE] Printing From Win98 via Samba/CUPS
  • From: Doug B <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 21:53:08 -0500
On Sunday 01 August 2004 05:47 pm, Scott Leighton wrote:
> This is driving me crazy.

For me, that is a very short drive!

My knowledge is pretty limited. If not for tools like webmin and yast
I'd be lost I think. Man, info, google and an editor sometimes help me
tweak around a problem, but webmin and yast pull the biggest load.

Since the you can see the printer I didn't suspect samba... but just for
fun, here are the differences in your smb.conf and mine (as far as
printers go).

> [global]
> load printers = yes
> printer = hp_deskjet720c

> printcap cache time = 750

> cups options = raw

> use client driver = yes

I don't have any of these.

> [printers]

> browseable = no

I don't have this.

I do have:
public = yes

> [Deskjet722]
> printer = hp_deskjet720c
> comment = Deskjet 722
> printable = yes
> public = yes
> path = /var/tmp

I don't have any specific printer defined.

Hope you get it solved soon.

Doug