Re: [SLE] GUI for MySQL Server
  • From: Louis Richards <louis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 22:11:27 -0400
Danny Sauer wrote:

<SNIP>

Next time, just remember that the mixture screws are usually backed about
1.5 turns from bottomed out as a starting point, and you usually want
around 8-10 degrees initial advance, with maybe 30 or so total. Throw
that points ignition away and get a modern elecronic replacement - costs
about $30 US and is much less of a hassle than remembering a .065" point
gap (setting dwell is more of a pain).

;)

--Danny

Use an open book of matches to gap the points and the rough striker part to clean the contacts. That should get you to the store to get the electronic replacement ;-)

I've been using PHPMyAdmin for awhile and find it a great tool. I would definitely recommend it. Besides, it's not like you can't use more than one tool.

Louis

< Previous Next >