Re: [SLE] Starting Privoxy
  • From: ti@xxxxxxx (Ti Kan)
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 15:06:11 -0700 (PDT)
George H. Yeager writes:
> I installed Privoxy with my 9.1 Professional package. According to the
> Privoxy man, it should start on reboot. It does not start. It appears
> that I need to put the privoxy start command in a boot script somewhere,
> but I don't know where.

Just add some symbolic links as follows:

su (become root)
cd /etc/init.d/rc2.d
ln -s ../privoxy S12privoxy; ln -s ../privoxy K10privoxy

Do the same in the rc3.d and rc5.d directories too.
Then just run "sh /etc/init.d/privoxy start" to start it for the first
time. Subsequently it will automatically stop and start when
you shutdown and boot the system.

-Ti