Re: [SLE] I must be braindead: how to load module in Suse - modprobe.conf ?
  • From: Marcos Vinicius Lazarini <lazarini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 21:45:22 -0300
Robert Rozman wrote:

Hi,

unfortunately that doesn't work - I get error on modprobe keyword.

I'd kindly ask for short answers to get me going:
- what command should I put into modprobe.conf.local to :
- load module1,
- after loading module1, load module2 (post-install in previous
modules.conf)
- before removing module1, remove module2

Thanks,

regards,

Robert.

I may not have got the point, but you have a categorized list of
available modules in /lib/modules/<your-kernel-version>/kernel/

after you find the correct module, test it with modproble and then edit
file /etc/sysconfig/kernel, variable MODULES_LOADED_ON_BOOT

Every other atempt to fight against modprobe.conf, modules.conf, etc was
futile (in my SuSE 9.0 - others distros worked fine)