BASH History
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 08:07:23 -0700
Hi,

The BASH history question reminded of a small problem I have with this
function that perhaps someone can help me with.

I always keep a Konsole window open in which I have four regular
interactive BASH shells and one root shell running.

When I log out or shut down, it seems that the four shells running under
my user ID clash somehow or fail to coordinate in the way they write the
history file, and I end up with only one of those shells' history.

Does anyone know of a way to get all four shells' worth of history saved?

Randall Schulz

< Previous Next >