MozillaFirefox 0.9.1
  • From: Mark Crean <mcrean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 01:19:33 +0100
I don't know whether anyone has found a workaround, but watch out for
the most recent version of MozillaFirefox from SuSe - 0.9.1.

It says that to get it working you must first fire it up as root. Alas,
if I try to do that off the console, I get

Xlib: XDM authorization key matches an existing client!

(firefox-bin:8909): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

whether I use su, sux or xhost +localhost.

If I actually log in as root on KDE (not advised), I can start Firefox
OK. But when I log out and back in again as an ordinary user, then I
can't start Firefox as an ordinary user, since I now get the same
message as root used to get above.

I really really really really wish SuSE would test this stuff a bit more
before putting it on their ftp servers, or post a readme explaining how
to get round this little circular argument.

:)

Fish

< Previous Next >