Re: [SLE] Combining mail parts sent by Outlook
  • From: Leendert Meyer <leen.meyer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 12:06:47 +0200
On Thursday 01 July 2004 08:24, Nico wrote:
> somebody sent me a mail with a massive attachment from Outlook.
>
> Outlook divided it into parts. When receiving it in Outlook, the parts are
> easily recombined to reconstruct the attachment.
>
> How do I do it in KMail?

(Seems you've sent this mail twice - there's no need for that)

AFAIK this is not implemented in KMail. However there is a solution. Save each
mail to a directory, and in a terminal window use uudeview to combine the
attachments:

uudeview -i <file_name1> <file_name2> ...

If there are no other files in that dir, you can use

uudeview -i *

Of course, you must have installed the package 'uudeview'.

Cheers,

Leen