Re: [SLE] Horrible print quality
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 03:49:04 +0200 (CEST)

The Friday 2004-07-02 at 11:30 +1000, Graham Smith wrote:

> > 3) The gimp-print driver prints much better than the foomatic.
> What may-be a solution is to setup two printer queues, one for plain text and
> the other for photos, using the different drivers.

I do that, of course :-)

I have to queues: 'lp' and 'lpg' - the lpg one uses the gimp driver. In
fact, some times I have half a dozen, like BW, draft, whatever. The draft
queue was automatically defined on the old SuSE 7.3 and older print
systems (lp-draft, etc), but not now in CUPS.

> > I'll have another look...
>
> Also have a look at the Canon Forum on linuxprinting.org and see if there are
> any solutions posted regarding your problem.
> http://www.linuxprinting.org/forums.cgi?group=linuxprinting.canon.general

Ok, I will. :-)

> > > Maybe your best bet is to try out TurboPrint
> > > http://www.irseesoft.de/linux/english.html
> >
> > Ugh.
> >
> > :-?
>
> At least have a look at this site. Although commercial, the price is not that
> high, given the results I have seen using these drivers.

Ok, ok, I'll have a peep :-)

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson