Re: [SLE] How do I make a pound sign?
  • From: Jim Sabatke <jsabatke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 18:32:02 -0500
Leendert Meyer wrote:
On Thursday 08 July 2004 00:10, Anders Norrbring wrote:

I've got a US keyboard (I do live there after all), but I
sometimes need to make the English currency sign. Can I do
this?

<shift>-3 or <alt-gr>-3

Perhaps you already have this:
Control Center -> Regional & Accessibility -> Keyboard Layout

Check 'Enable keyboard layouts'
Add U.S. English w/ deadkeys

Click Apply

In the taskbar, select the 'U.S. English w/ deadkeys' keyboard

Then:
- press the 'Compose'-key (<Shift>-<Alt>, hold down <Shift> while pressing
<Alt>)
- press '=' (*Nothing* should appear now)
- press 'L' (Pound sign should appear)

Cheers,

Leen

Thanks so much!!!

That worked!

--
Jim Sabatke
Hire Me!! - See my resume at http://my.execpc.com/~jsabatke

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

NOTE: Please do not email me any attachments with Microsoft extensions. They
are deleted on my ISP's server before I ever see them, and no bounce message
is sent.