Re: [SLE] athlon overheating?
  • From: "L. Mark Stone" <LMStone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 15:31:40 -0400
On Thursday 8 July 2004 02:43 pm, steve-ss wrote:
<snip>
| Could anyone with an AMD give me reasonable working values
| for the temp1 and temp2 sensors? And/or how to monitor the
| fans correctly? Or must I move to Intel?

I have an Asus AV7-133 mobo with an Athlon 1200 on one workstation. We
see CPU temps of 48-55 degrees C, depending upon load ambient air
temperature. Chassis temps range from 29-35 degrees C.

We have never been able to get the fan rpm speed from the lm_sensors
package, although the system BIOS displays it correctly.

Mark

A Message From... L. Mark Stone

Reliable Networks of Maine, LLC
477 Congress Street, 5th Floor