CMS selection
  • From: Jeffrey Taylor <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 22:58:03 -0500
I am putting together a small application ( < 5000 LOC) to track
co-pays and insurance payments (6 tables in a relational database). A
Web app looks like a good idea. Using a CMS and being able to include
an event calendar, announcements, and possibly private messages also
look desireable. This is for technically unsophisticated users.

phpWebSite is out because it's user interaction model is clumsy and
confusing. PHP-Nuke documentation of modules looks like it was
translated by BabelFish from the original French-Canadian or Spanish.
Zope's examples complained about insufficient permission when running
as the Zope superuser. Learning how to write a simple module seemed
to first require six months study on the permission system.

Post-Nuke and XOOPS have very skimpy intro info on writing modules.

I a looking for a CMS to write a small app for personal, spousal, and
small group of non-techoweenie use that does not require a major
learning curve.

Any suggestions?

TIA,
Jeffrey