Re: [SLE] Ken Hughes and his accusations
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:08:17 -0400
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:25:36 -0700
John Boyle <jboyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> To All: I went to the LUG in question, one time, and left them very
> angrily.
I run a user group (not specifically a LUG since we include FreeBSD and
other Unix's and not the one John attended). We hold monthly meetings,
and sometimes our programs don't measure up. Sometimes we have a lousy
speaker, or sometimes the speaker changes the topic, or in the case of
last month, our scheduled speaker was not able to attend.

One thing we always have is a question and answer period before every
meeting. And while we have quite a mix of people from new users to
kernel developers, we are very sensitive to users whose questions may be
on the dumb side from the experienced user.

If John had been at one of our meetings, I think that one of our
volunteers would probably take him aside to calm him down. remember that
most user groups are run by volunteers who give their valuable time free
of charge.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group