Re: [SLE] Re: Stopping open mail relay in SuSE standard server.
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 12:28:11 +0200 (CEST)

The Sunday 2004-07-25 at 21:26 -0400, James Knott wrote:

> > More information is needed. What interfaces do you have? Is indeed
> > external mail coming in on that interface?
> >

> Does it consider the address that it comes in on?

Yes, due to the "mynetworks" setting.

> Or the source address?

Also.

> There is only one interface in use, connected to the firewall, via local
> network. Beyond the firewall is an ADSL connection.

And in another message you mention that:

> That I can't say. The firewall is a separate box, made by Symantec,
> which I have no control over, other than asking for ports to be
> forwarded. I guess I'll have to see what's actually in the packets and
> enquire about the firewall being a proxy.

That's what I thought. Postfix is seeing the email coming on an internal
interface, and it is configured to trust everything coming on that
interface. You could remove the 192.168.1.0 interface from the "mynetwork"
setting, but then, of course, all your intranet would be untrusted -
perhaps not a bad thing in your case, I think you said something about a
Exchange server behind.

Or you could give it another ip, perhaps a "real" one.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson