Re: [SLE] Re: Stopping open mail relay in SuSE standard server.
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 03:39:20 +0200 (CEST)

The Monday 2004-07-26 at 08:58 -0400, James Knott wrote:

> I was wondering what the solution would be, if the problem were caused by a
> proxy and it couldn't be turned off. One possibility, would be another IP.
> Are there other ways of dealing with a proxy?

Right now, I don't know, I'm sleepy; but the main problem is that
postfix - being on a machine siting inside your intranet - gets email on
an interface it trusts completely (192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 in your
main.cf file), so that it will allow relaying. So, any possible
solutions is either: a) receive email on another interface, which is
not listed in the "mynetworks" line. or b) remove that interface from
the "mynetworks" line.

There might be another configuration change to solve the issue, but I
can't think of it right now.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson