Re: [SLE] UID changes in 9.1
  • From: Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 08:44:37 +0200
On Sun, Jun 27, Michael Satterwhite wrote:

> One user is created during install - that was the important one. No such
> option existed during install. I'm glad they have it fixed for downstream,
> though.

Reading the reports it means: Somebody creates a user with a random
UID and expects, that this UID is the same as the last time?

This sounds like a game of pure chance to me, if I need a user with
a special UID, I create this user with this UID and don't expect that
fortuna is with me ;)

Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/ kukuk@xxxxxxx
SuSE Linux AG Maxfeldstr. 5 D-90409 Nuernberg

< Previous Next >