Re: [SLE] File Sharing
  • From: C Hamel <vgm2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 21:42:11 -0500
On Saturday 26 June 2004 19:27, Thom Nuzum wrote:
> > http://guru.unixtech.be/rpm/packages/ has a version for SuSE 9.0 that you
> > might be able to shoe-horn in. Alternatively guru may release a 9.1
> > version soon, especially if you ask him real nice like.
>
> I have MLdonkey now thanks. It seems to have its own gui, but still can't
> get either working. It just keeps flashing connected/not connected. I
> suppose I must disable any firewall first. There might be something else.
One can have a firewall enabled if done properly. You must allow specific
ports, while denying those in use by mld. It's a bit tricky but not all that
hard. You need to directly edit your SuSEfirewall2 file in /etc/sysconfig &
then start the firewall.

I use mozilla or konqueror for the interface: 127.0.0.1:4080 or
localhost:4080.

HTH...
--
...CH