Re: [SLE] File Sharing
  • From: Stephen Boddy <stephen.boddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 19:21:59 +0100
On Saturday 26 June 2004 18:50, Thom Nuzum wrote:
> Has anyone gotten file sharing to work in 9.1,? specifically KMLDonkey?
> I am getting connection refused when trying to connect to server and have
> tried configuration defaults and permissions.
> --
> Thom Nuzum

Probably because SuSE, in its infinite wisdom, didn't include the server
software mldonkey (or mlnet as the executable is called). mldonkey is the
real p2p software, with KMLDonkey just another frontend.

http://guru.unixtech.be/rpm/packages/ has a version for SuSE 9.0 that you
might be able to shoe-horn in. Alternatively guru may release a 9.1 version
soon, especially if you ask him real nice like.
--
Steve Boddy