Re: [SLE] routing between subnets
  • From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <bb+shared.it.lists.suse-e@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 18:02:16 +0000
Henry,

once more sorry you getting this twice!!!
Reply to the list and not to the author!!! If I just didn't forgot it. ;-)

Quoting Henry Harpending <harpend@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

<snip>

192.168.0.2 on wlan0, server
/ other 192.168.0. machines
DSL = 192.168.0.1
\ 10.0.0.1 on eth0
printer attached as 10.0.0.5

Perhaps I need to try to give the DSL router a second IP address?

Henry,

are you trying to route at the DSL? If so, you must configure the router and use
its address as the gateway! Your DSL must support acting as a router or you
won't be able to do that. I am currently wainting for a Linksys WRT54G just to
have a similar configuration to yours - it's coming... ;-)
I had interpreted that your server was doing the routing. It does have a
wireless nic and a wired nic, right? If not, then you can't use it as a
router!!!

Thanks, Henry